Different is good. But sometimes the world makes kids feel as if it is bad to be different. Part of the "My Super Powers?" guided journal series, Why Is Different Awesome? celebrates differences by encouraging kids to embrace what is different about them and to accept differences in others.
The illustrations in the 44-page journal feature girls with a variety of skin tones, hair colors, hair styles, ethnicities, and abilities!
Other highlights include:
- 6" x 9" dimensions-- sized to take up little space in a backpack, handbag, or tote bag
- Several pages of supportive journal prompts for kids
- Full, blank pages for journaling
- Interview with 11-year old Lauren about the joys and challenges of having a big sister who has Down Syndrome
- Space to express gratitude
- Coloring page
- Inspirational word art
- Short story
- and more!
Why Is Different Awesome? is designed with girls ages 8-12 in mind, but in reality, it is also great for empowering boys, older kids, and adults!
**All images and text copyright Stacey Montgomery, Aurora, IL. All rights reserved.
- $ 12.00
- Read Reviews
We Also Recommend