My Super Powers! Social Emotional Learning Program for At Home- Why Is Different Awesome?
Why Is Different Awesome? is the first curriculum in the My Super Powers! Social Emotional Learning Program series. It is designed to help kids embrace what is special about them, to respect differences in others, and to help build inclusive communities.
- Emphasizes self-awareness, social awareness, self-acceptance, respect, and inclusivity
- Reinforces writing skills. Each lesson includes dedicated time to writing, allowing students to continue to work on skills learned in their writing unit
- Encourages self-reflection. Through discussion questions and dedicated reflection time, students learn to identify and embrace their unique qualities and understand their importance in the community
- Is student guided. Our program allows for the student to move through the program at their own pace
- 10 weekly lessons. Each lesson will take between 30-40 minutes
Included in program:
- Access to eLearning program
- Copy of Why Is Different Awesome? (mailed to you)
- Downloadable supplemental materials
- Customer support
- Parental/support teacher access to private online community to share ideas and experiences with other program users
- Lesson 1: Introduction/Letter to Me
- Lesson 2: Gratitude/I Am Grateful Because
- Lesson 3: Empathy/I Was Mean
- Lesson 4: Diversity in Community/Different is Good
- Lesson 5: Friendship/Me and My Bestie
- Lesson 6: Say No to Racism
- Lesson 7: Disability Awareness
- Lesson 8: Bullying
- Lesson 9: Be an Upstander
- Lesson 10: Our Community Can Be Stronger
© 2019. Stacey Montgomery. All rights reserved. The program and all of its materials and images remain the property of Stacey Montgomery and Stacey M Design.